Click on any picture to zoom
or members who still had some energy left then made their way to the church of St John the Baptist, the parish church of Cirencester (where we were offered and enjoyed the mince pies;
first of the season). It is one of the largest parish churches in England and has been a place of worship for over a thousand years. The oldest part of the church is The Chancel, which was started around 1115. The church is renowned for its perpendicular porch and fan vaults; it also has several merchant tombs.
On returning to our cars, we made a short detour via the oldest part of the town, appreciating its architecture and narrow streets.
Prepared by: Bob Taylor & Rosemary Crumplin